Monday, September 29, 2014

Post 7: How green are you?

Hi guys, today I will talk about the environment and their relationship with people. 

Good Environmental Practices (GAP) is a set of simple operations that involve a change in the attitude and behavior of daily activities, causing a friendly relationship with the environment. Today, there are many methods to learn about this topic, such as nature documentaries, websites and environmental journals. In addition, many kindergartens and primary schools teach and introduce children in GAP. In my case, recently I know about this topic thanks to professors of my career. They taught me that thanks to a simple action as generate knowledge and provide tools for changing habits, we can build more friendly workplaces with their environment, favoring the preservation of this, through an efficient rational use of natural resources, water care and energy saving.


Furthermore, recycling is very important, because thanks to it we can change materials into new products to prevent waste of potentially useful materials, reduce the consumption of fresh raw materials, reduce energy usage, reduce air pollution and water pollution by reducing the need for conventional waste disposal, and lower greenhouse gas emissions. Personally, I like to recycle. Mainly, I recycle sorting my garbage into organic matter, paper, cardboard, glass and metal, and then throwing them in different trash cans (if it's available). Addition, with my family we perform many other environmental friendly actions, such as using biodegradable bags and returnable bottles, using paper on both sides, reduce the use of toxic sprays, and give away clothes that no longer fit us. On the other hand, when I have to get somewhere (which is not found far enough), I try to get there walking or cycling, as I think that if I have healthy legs probably I should use them. 

Honestly, I think that our society lacks initiative, this is mainly due to the limited information they have, they don't know that with single simple actions (they can do or not do) them can enormously improve the quality of our environment. Because of this reason, I would like to be part of an eco-organization to teach people about the environment and how we should care for it and protect it. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment